Tuesday 17 June 2014

The Killer


My wife- I saw her, pacing up and down.
Her hair flowing in beautiful curls,
At that, I could only frown.

She was unrest, 
Picking pace with the wind.
Then she turned to me and smiled.

My heart melted right through my body, 
And I let out a sigh.

I went up to her, "what is the matter?"
She was rummaging through my eyes.

Her sedentary feet picked up pace again, 
Like she knew the time was ripe.

She glanced over,
But for one last time.

I heard a gunshot,
The bullet pushing right through her spine.

I ran up to her,
Picked her up,
But I knew there was no time.

I then turned towards her killer,
Only to stifle a scream all high;
As the sternum face looked into my eyes,
All calm and docile.

I was facing myself, my killer self

The same green eyes,
The same bronze hair, 
And the same turbid mind.

I knew indeed, that I was her killer,
But how could that be?
The thought gazed my mind.

The killer me laughed, and looked down,
"How do you wonder?" 
Was all he let out.

"She died because of your tyranny,
She died because of your pride.
It was all your rapacity,
The ego was in your mind"

I had no answer,
That was all.
My peremptory had, 
Yet again, caused the fall.

I fell to the ground,
Couldn't get up.
Maybe it was just all too much.

"Are you alright?", said a voice I found;
"You were screaming in your sleep"
The voice weighed down my mound.

It was her, flesh and blood,
Right here before my eyes.

It was self realisation that slapped me in the face.
Time vs me, used to be my real race.

Didn't respect her,
I so didn't care,
I thought she'll live,
Her life in this despair.

It was killing her,
Inside and out,
It was hollowing her,
Scintillation was not to be found.

I did not care,
Until now;
Only after a nightmare
Drained me out.

And from that day on,
I gave her time,
Gave her respect,
And a few reasons to smile.

We lived a long life,
Died side-by-side.
 
For legend to know,
There were two lives,
Lost in this world, 
Of scam and swine.

They may not be known,
But they had a perfect time.
He loved her,
And she loved him back for right.

Respect and love, not much for two words,
Not living them up can impeach your efforts.

Love, and spread love.
Respect, and embrace the ones who do...

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Gitanjali.. I really like your work! Going great !

    ReplyDelete